Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The beginning

Since work, wood working and raising a family aren't enough things to do with my time, I've decided I'd start blogging about my latest wood working project, a Holtzapffel Bench from WoodWorking Issue 8. After reading the WorkBench book and trying to cut dovetails on what is my current desk, I've decided that I could and should build this bench. The next several entries will capture my building of this bench; several entries is probably mis-leading I am guessing this is a 2 month project.

Before I start this, let me note that beside several handcut dovetail boxes, a router table (aka the router table with 1000 mistakes) and the planer stand (this one came out better) I haven't actually built anything in my work shop.

The only "nice" thing I have built is a shaker style end table during a class I took at Homestead Wood Working School.

Will start the workbench blogging soon